In addition to an evaluation of your medical history, the following is a typical list of tests that are required to ensure a safe procedure and minimize complications.
- 12-Lead ECG – This is a standard electrocardiogram that is performed while the patient remains in a resting state. Our doctor will carefully read the ECG, however, the ECG will only detect heart abnormalities if they happen during the ECG test.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel – a commonly ordered panel of 14 tests the is utilized to gauge the status of a patient’s metabolism (kidney and liver are of particular importance), blood glucose, blood proteins, electrolytes and more.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Complete Physical – May be necessary in cases involving pre-existing heart condition
- Complete Thyroid Test – This will need to be completed if there is medical history of thyroid problems.
This is not an exhaustive list and other medical tests may become necessary based on individual medical history and situations.